Thanks for reading

Thanks for taking the time to read this blog. Here is my jewelry website if you want to check out the goods:
My designs can also be found in my Etsy shop:

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Jewelry Design and all that goes with it!



I set out to be a jewelry designer because it's the only thing I love doing for hours at a time that overcomes my ADD tendencies to do laundry, randomly eat, check emails, update facebook and/or see what everyone else is up to etc. I am happy in my little studio that I have carved out of an unused attic space, perfectly content to do nothing but make new jewelry and listen to audio books or movies. It turns out, if you want to make a living at it there are a bunch of other things that go along with it. Marketing, selling, finding places to carry your stuff, applying to shows and trying to get publicity. You can be a modern day Faberge' but if it's all sitting in your studio gathering dust, you're not going to sell it. So today I decided to take care of a few of the non-making jewelry related things like taking photos for publicity things. My boyfriend, Eric gamely dragged me out into our beautiful backyard to take the pictures. For the next half hour we had what can only be described as the most unprofessional photo shoot ever with me threatening at one point to "kick him where the sun don't shine" if he touched my hair again. Avedon and Cindy Crawford it wasn't but ya gotta do what ya gotta do! We got a good laugh out of it!








No comments:

Post a Comment