Thanks for reading

Thanks for taking the time to read this blog. Here is my jewelry website if you want to check out the goods:
My designs can also be found in my Etsy shop:

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bibbity, Bobbity, Boo

With my first upcoming event of the year looming, a trunk show at the fabulous Ciao of Carytown, I am staring at piles of sparkly bits and pieces foraged from thrift stores and antique shops over the course of last months travels (Vermont, California and Rochester, NY) and waiting for inspiration to hit.

When I am stuck in a creative vacuum I turn to a few tried and true sources to spark my imagination. As you can see in the upper right corner, there is a pile of Belle Amour Jewelry back issues. I have such gratitude for the artists that publish in this journal and allow their work to inspire others. Through Belle Amour I have also had the great pleasure of learning about and then meeting some of my favorite jewelry artists such as Richard Salley and Stephanie Lee.
Googling my favorite eras in jewelry can also provide ideas about color combinations and design, my favorite being the Victorian era. Here are a few shots of my kitchen table right now and what I will be staring at and creating from for the rest of the night:


For those of you that were brought up Catholic as was I (though a little lapsed these days), yes those are rosaries and just so you know I say a novena to St. Theresa before I use them so it's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment