Thanks for reading

Thanks for taking the time to read this blog. Here is my jewelry website if you want to check out the goods:
My designs can also be found in my Etsy shop:

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chic Crushes from Alt Summit.....


I met a bunch of really amazing women at Alt Design (and men....here's looking at you Chris from www.curbly.com (go BlueJackets!) and Ben from Pinterest (like you really need the link to that!)) but there were a couple of women that had me at hello. Here is my top 5 in no particular order (drumroll please):

The Whole Pretty
Seriously, with a photo like this how could we not be BFF's?

I had read Elizabeth's blog before and was so excited to not only sit next to her at the first lunch but also to learn she is as entertaining and super cool as her blog. I then kept running into her around the Alt Summit circuit and she was always impeccably dressed, witty and talk-y. She makes me want to be a better blogger!


I come from a small town outside of Detroit called Wyandotte, MI. Rarely do I meet someone who has ever heard of it. Regina was a friend of my friend Wendy Wyne, an amazing Richmond event planner. I was happily surprised that Wendy was there and when I sat down at her table and met Regina I found out she was SO familiar with Wyandotte that her husband is a doctor at the hospital in Wyandotte that I was born! Regina is an amazing photographer and I am so excited to have met her and to meet up in Wyandotte!
We have a date for the Wyandotte Street Fair Miss Regina, don't stand me up!



Grace and kindness in a young woman so successful and gorgeous are traits that you might not expect to co exist. They do in Jessie. As I am trying to expand my brand and reach more people with my jewelry design, I was REALLY looking forward to some advice from the bloggers at the Runway + Street Style: Fashion Blogging 101 panel. I sat my little self right up front, "first day of school" nervous to ask questions, knowing that's the only way you get answers. Jessie was so enthusiastic, open and sweet that I thanked her every time I saw her. (Sorry so stalky Jessie!) I am so glad I had the chance to meet her and look forward to chatting with her more in the future.

<span class=

I totally crashed Monica's tea party with the wonderful artist Jenean Morrison. (I guess this is 2 girl crushes for the price of one!) http://www.jeneanmorrison.net/bio/. Turns out Monica has a little white dog AND she used to be a flight attendant. Oh LORD help anyone stuck between 2 former flight attendants. I had a great conversation with both ladies and am looking forward to talking again. (maybe not about layovers and end of flight garbage pick up!)





Last but surely not least is my good friend Stella Singleton of http://stellasingleton.com/alt-design-summit-day-1/



Profile Picture


She made this whole she bang happen!(for me) She planned everything from, hotels, rental cars, trips, sight seeing AND she drove! Which is HUGE to me because I hate driving in a strange town. I wouldn't have done half the things I did without her planning. Thanks Stella! You rock!







2 comments:

  1. You are TOO sweet, My Dear! It was such a pleasure meeting you, and I can't wait to talk more about growing your business and expanding your reach! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too Miss Jessie, I look forward to taking with you!

    ReplyDelete