Thanks for reading

Thanks for taking the time to read this blog. Here is my jewelry website if you want to check out the goods:
My designs can also be found in my Etsy shop:

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

It's Just Me...

Working for yourself can be lonely. At my level I am making a living (and incredibly grateful for it) but aside from some part time help during the holidays, it's just me, my tools and my poodle sitting down and creating everyday. (and the blessing I thank the gods for everyday, my husband!) Sometimes I find peace in the solitude and joy in creating, sometimes I stare blankly at the table and check my Facebook, Pinterest, Email and blogs in a unending cycle of procrastination. Sometimes when I do get out, I am so excited to be around people I come apart at the seams and have a little too much "fun" rendering the next day virtually unproductive save reading a book or magazines. Someday this may change and I'll have (my new beautifully renovated, almost done studio space) bustling with helpers. Right now...it's just me. Keeping up with the orders, shows, website updates, post office visits etc. I think it's really important to remember that everyone lives a life that we only see about 20 percent of no matter how close we are to them and that kindness and compassion should always be the first tools of communication we employ. I am still trying to figure out a balance of work/life/friends, I think we all are.

No comments:

Post a Comment